Updates to Instagram improve advertising techniques that allow brands to reach consumers.
Instagram is one of the most popular social networking sites today. According to their website, there are more than 700 million monthly active members and more than 250 million photos and stories shared a day, therefore, a huge opportunity for advertisers to reach their target audiences.
Instagram allows advertisers to target its existing customers like its parent company Facebook. This means that you can reach consumers who buy your product and actually use it. Brands can also include added links in their advertisements that direct the consumer to their app or website. These amenities are huge advantages over traditional advertising such as print ads and television commercials.
Kenshoo, an ad buying firm, said, “people click on Instagram ads 2.48% of the time that they see them, which it said is two-and-a-half times the average for social ads.”
Another advantage to advertising on Instagram is its celebrity presence. Many celebrities have Instagram accounts with huge fan bases, and as a result, celebrity marketing does not look out of place.
Here’s what brands need to know when advertising on Instagram:
- Instagram image feeds are sorted to bring the most interesting or relevant posts first, forcing brands and marketers to invest greater efforts into creating engaging, eye-catching content.
- Instagram automation tools help accounts reach new audiences using algorithms that target users based on likes, follows and comments.
- Instagram stories and live video are new ways to connect immediately with followers, sharing every day moments and promoting products.
- Instagram sells sponsored videos in between Instagram stories
- Instagram allows direct response advertisements inside its stories section, ultimately creating a more sales-like format
- Creating a “marquee,” a full home-page advertisement, makes it much harder for consumers to skip over a company’s advertisement and guarantees they will actually notice it.
- Photo advertisements reveal the call to action with the touch of a finger. When a user taps once on the ad photo, immediately, a call to action will appear allowing users to click through to the website or app.
With these changes in advertising regulations, Instagram continues to be a great form of media to use for celebrity marketing.
photo credit: Flickr